Mainstream communication supports
Many mainstream technologies and supports can help people many with communication difficulties.
Universal design benefits everyone. Some examples include:
- sign language interpreters
- other language interpreters and formats
- Easy English and other alternative formats
- closed captions
- text readers and text-to-speech options
- voice recognition and speech-to-text options
- online assistants
- font size options
- screen contrast options
- word prediction software
- visual search engines.
Many of these communication supports are becoming increasingly more available in phones, websites, software and general equipment.